Lasagna Stuffed Chicken
This week we whipped up some home cooked goodness in the kitchen. We are trying to stick to some low carb options in our home so this recipe came together pretty well. We used our Isabella Pasta Sauce in this recipe and it was PERFECT! The kids each ate a WHOLE chicken breast themselves!
My daughter is dairy free so we even made a dairy free version for her. The best part of this recipe is that it is so flexible! For the dairy-free ingredients we love Daiya products and use that most of the time. I use the same ratio of ingredients for the dairy free portions. I can cut this in half for two breasts and then she has a left over, or stuff and freeze a breast for next time.
So here it is:
4 chicken breasts
2 cups (1 jar) of our Isabella Pasta Sauce
1 cup of Mozzarella Cheese
1 cup of Ricotta Cheese
1/2 cup of Parmesan
1 tbls of Italian Seasoning or Parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees
2. Combine all the cheeses and seasonings
3. Slice the chicken so you form a pocket in the breast (it's ok if you cut too far, just fold the chicken over your stuffing)
4. Spread about half of your sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Enough to give a thin layer of sauce.
5. Place a spoonful of the Isabella Pasta Sauce inside each breast, and spread it around inside of the breast. Place in pan.
6. Spoon an even amount of lasagna stuffing in each of the chicken breasts.
7. Place a spoonful of sauce on top of each breast.
8. Sprinkle some mozzarella on top of each breast.
9. Bake in the over for 35 - 40 minutes until the chicken reaches 165 degrees F in the thickest part.
10. Serve with a garden salad, fresh steamed broccoli or cauliflower.